Array ( [sort] => date [sort_direct] => DESC )
UM Kórnik
Kontynuuj W tej witrynie stosujemy pliki cookies. Standardowe ustawienia przeglądarki internetowej zezwalają na zapisywanie ich na urządzeniu końcowym Użytkownika. Kontynuowanie przeglądania serwisu bez zmiany ustawień traktujemy jako zgodę na użycie plików cookies. Więcej w "Polityce Cookies".

Monuments

Prowent
A complex of farmhouses and other farm buildings from the 18th and 19th centuries, grouped in a quadrilateral courtyard close to Lake Bnin, which once belonged to Bnin. It was in one of the houses where Wisława Szymborska, an outstanding poet and the 1996 Nobel literary prize laureate was born and lived for the first four years of her life, which is marked by a plaque on the building. Another building at Prowent houses the Kórnik Community Centre.


The Parish Church in Bnin
The first references date back to 1404. It was built between 1448 and 1463, funded by Andrzej of Bnin – Poznań Bishop. It was a Gothic-style place of worship which in time gained a neo-Gothic tower. During World War II, in March of 1942, the tower collapsed and the parish church was taken down by the Germans. In the Museum of Kórnik you can see a foundation plaque with the coat of arms of Łódź, an iron door of a sacristy and a fragment of a bishop’s gravestone from the mid-15th century. The rest of the preserved church fittings are in the post-evangelical church, which is now a Roman Catholic parish church, built in 1827 in place of a church of a prussian wall, funded by Teofila Potulicka. The church was consecrated in 1945 and a cave for the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary was erected and plastered. The church has five bells, the oldest of which dates back to 1624. Today, the church is a rectangular hall-church in style with a quadrilateral sacristy from the north side and
a newer porch from the west side.

Two Market Squares
Market Square and Town Hall in Bnin. The square has a 15th-century urban setting along with buildings from the 18th and 19th centuries. The main building is a Baroque Town Hall, erected in 1777, with a mansard roof and a characteristic high tower at the heart of the square. Today, the Town Hall is the residence of the Town Council. Market Square and Town Hall in Kórnik. The square was created as a result of the widening of the main road running through the town with a system of streets leading to the square, dating back to the 15th century. Most of the houses in the square were built in the 18th and 19th centuries. What is worth seeing is a building of an old post office. In the centre of the market square is the two-storey neo-Baroque Town Hall, rebuilt after a fire in 1909. Beneath the clock on a tower topped with a helmet and a spire there is a tin rooster that announces midday. The building is now the residence of the local authorities.

The Collegiate Church of All Saints
The church is a neo-gothic style building erected between 1437 and 1439, and became a collegiate church in 1493. It was not until the second half of the 18th century that the church was renovated and it was destroyed by fire several times. Next, it was rebuilt and enlarged by Teofila Potulicka from the Działyński family, and acquired a new look. After seventy years the church was again damaged by a disastrous fire started by a strong wind which swept the fire through half of Kórnik. In 1837, thanks to Tytus’ efforts the construction of the church started to a design by Italian architect Franciszek Maria Lenci. It was then that the church was given its present appearance. The whole dome of the church dates back to the rebuilding period after the year 1838. The church consists of a nave and two aisles, where the aisles are narrower than the nave. You can also find there several altars. The main altar comes from the turn of the 18th century and was brought from St. Joseph’s Church in Poznań. During World War II the church functioned as a granary for the Germans. Today, the building is fully renovated. The electrical wiring has been replaced, the Chapel of the Sacred Heart of Jesus has been renovated, a destroyed wall around the church has been rebuilt and night lighting has been installed.

Town Hall in Kórnik
Neo-baroque, built about 1907, brick construction, double-storey with attic’s roof and turret crowning by helmet with spire. After major overhaul in 2004 on the north-east wall built an annex – glass patio. Under new clock his place found cock, which everyday has announced to all inhabitants that is midday. Presence of cock on the roof of town hall is connected with place when cock has lived; it is – needless to say – hen house. In Polish language a word hen house it is: KURNIK and this word have the same pronunciation like KÓRNIK. It is the reason why cock has honorable place on the town hall’s roof. Everyday at midday you can hear this cock exactly like in Poznań you can see billy-goats on town hall’s tower. Furthermore, also at midday you can hear in Kórnik bugle-call which has come from town hall’s tower – it gives rise to association with bugle-call from tower of Mariacki Church in Kraków.


„UCHO IGIELNE” (needle’s eye)
Passage to close down Jewish Synagogue, where collected different things from destroyed in 1940 Jewish cemetery.

Informacje
  • Fotogalery